First experience with snail products! ~ Review

Thursday, August 04, 2016


I'm on a mission to post more often because there's just so many things I want to post, so I really need to pick up the pace if i want to ever make it through all of them... today I have this mask pack review to share. 
My friends and I were at this Korean makeup store a while ago and there was a sale on this box of sheet masks so we decided to get it and split up the masks inside the box (there were 12). I've never tried of even heard of this brand Darkness (that's kind of a strange name for a makeup brand if you ask me) so I thought I'd try it out!
products with snail slime have been pretty popular in Korean makeup for quite some time now, it's supposedly good for brightening, anti-aging, acne, you name it. It seems a little gross honestly, the thought of putting snail slime on your face, but I have trust in the makeup companies that they will throughly ensure the cleanliness of the ingredients in their cosmetics so I thought why not give it a try!

packaging is pretty standard for a mask pack, not too pretty since there's a photo of a slimy-lookin little snail on the front but I guess that very clearly indicates the key ingredient of the mask ahah.



According to the back of the package, the mask contains "plentiful snail slime" "Sodium Hyaluranate and Hydrolyzed Collagen." it's supposed to be moisturizing and anti-wrinkle, which aren't really that suitable for my skin now that I think about it since I have very oily skin and anti-aging is not really my concern at the moment :')

and interesting point about the mask is that usually masks go on after toner, but this one specifically states to use lotion before hands which I've never really seen before. 



Normally, I always squeeze out the serum from the mask pack and pour it out into a little container to use as a follow up serum. this mask had a decent amount of serum, not as juicy as the my beauty diary masks but still got a small container half full.

the mask itself is fairly thick in material, and I feel like it wasn't the best fitting mask i've used? it also strangely had two little flaps around the eyes that were kind of confusing.

there wasn't any snail scent (lol) or anything, in fact there wasn't really a scent at all which is nice. The serum is fairly light and watery, and it's the transparent kind. 

Material: 3/5
Not the best fitting or comfortable mask, the material is a little thick and doesn't adhere as well to the skin, and also didn't feel as wet due to the thickness of the material. also the eyeholes were kind of strange haha

Serum: 4/5
I guess i was expecting it to be kind of slimy or something since it's snail slime, but it definitely wasn't and felt just like normal clear serums, pretty light not too scented.

Effect: 4/5
it's quite moisturizing and absorbs well too, my skin did feel quite nice for the few days I used the mask and the remaining serum. I feel like I did see a slight improvement in skin texture, but I'd need to use this more to see any dramatic results.

Overall, it's a nice mask for moisture, although I can't really speak for the elasticity and anti-aging properties since those aren't concerns for my skin. I also used it for a few days as a serum. It didn't break me out or anything which is nice. It's also very very affordable, which is good, I think it ended up being only around $1 per mask after the promotion!

I've found it on amazon ($13 for 10!!) here so you can check it out if you're interested.

Thanks for reading!


Suzy

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I love masks! Anti-aging isn't really my concern at the moment either, but I'd love to try this out for the moisturizing properties, since I have fairly dry skin. Plus it's super affordable so no harm in trying, right? ;P

    Sam | My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too, I'd recommend it since it's so affordable :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds alright! I haven't dared to venture into the world of snail products yet... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took me a while too, but it's getting more and more common :)

      Delete
  3. Snail mucin is one of my favorite skincare ingredients ever! :D I was a little off put by it at first too, but it helps heal my skin so quickly and provide a ton of moisture. I haven't heard of this mask brand yet, but I'll definitely have to try it out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that the good effects outweigh any gross feelings about the snail part haha, I'd love to try more snail mucin stuff in the future!

      Delete
  4. I think the two little flaps around the eyes are for people who like the sleep with their sheet masks on. I've yet to try snail products because I'm usually the type of person who buys products with attractive packaging and usually snail products don't come in cute packaging lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah probably, but even with my eyes closed they don't fit that well haha. and yeah I agree, snails aren't really the prettiest creatures :p

      Delete
  5. I would like to try snail products by Missha or Holika Holika ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ

    ♡ * Le blog de la Licorne * ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the missha ones are good, I'd like to try that out too!!

      Suzy
      pret-tea.blogspot.ca

      Delete
  6. no doubt snail products are best in town am using snail skin care products online in pakistan
    men eye cream online in pakistan women branded bra and penty set online in pakistan and it make my skin so bright and soft everyone notice the change am really happy with it

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe